The Middlebury Congregational Church is an active Open and Affirming congregation of over 350 members. We maintain an active worship life, and strong music and community service programs for all ages. No matter who you are, no matter where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.
Worship from Home
- We invite you to join us for our Sunday worship at 10:00 a.m. on our Facebook page (facebook.com/MiddUCC/).
- New Light Services are not held during the summer month. When they resume they will be held on Sundays at 4:00 p.m. In the fall, please check our calendar for New Light Service dates.
Our MIDDUCC Online Directory always has the latest updated contact information for our members and friends.
To make changes to your family profile, click the link “Manage My Family Info”, which you will see directly below the Online Directory’s password entry section.
Our pastors’ “office hours” during this time of social distancing
Pastor Andy and Pastor Elizabeth will be holding “office hours” on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2:00-3:00 p.m. You can call them at these numbers: Andy: 802-989-3925, Elizabeth: 802-349-1738.
Find and follow us on Instagram (@midducc) and Facebook (The Congregational Church of Middlebury, UCC).
Serving in our Community: CHC Meal Program needs YOU!
Updated as of May 25th: You can help Charter House Coalition’s Community Meal program by donating money, gift cards or needed foods to CHC. Read details here (Serving Within Our Community)!
All items for the weekly bulletin must be submitted to the Church Office by Wednesday at 9 am. Please respect this deadline. The submission deadline for Church Matters is listed in our online calendar. Please email your items to editor, Elizabeth Davis.
- The Seymour Street parking lot and north entrance to Fellowship Hall has one designated handicapped space and a ramp. On Sundays, additional parking spots will be marked with cones.
- Church handicapped parking is available on Route 7 (North Pleasant Street).
- Please save these spots for our friends who need a closer and more accessible parking space.
- The two doors off the memorial garden are exit doors only. (One on the east side of the connector to the new addition, and the other on the south side of Unity Hall.) To enter the building on the east side please use the door on the north end of the addition.
Volunteer or donate in a variety of ways to build community!
At our church…
- FLOWERS! Sign up to donate Sunday flowers (October – May). While our gardens are dormant, donate money for us to purchase sanctuary flowers. Honor someone in your life on a specific Sunday and there will be an acknowledgment in the bulletin for the flowers. To reserve a Sunday, email Ginny Sinclair at email@example.com or call 388-5499.
- Fellowship Hour every Sunday needs volunteers to set-up/serve, provide sweet or savory snacks or clean-up. Sign up on the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall.
- Donate purchased cookies: Drop off your donation of packaged cookies in the church kitchen and we will add them to the Fellowship Hour Cookie Shelf in the church pantry. We will share these cookies at Fellowship Hour.
In our community…
- Our Church’s sign-ups: CLICK HERE to learn where to sign up for a variety of opportunities in our church and community.
- Donate to local consignment shops to benefit the church’s missions and help de-clutter your home.
- Neat Repeats – Church’s Account is #45: Donate your good-condition clothing and small houseware items. Located in Middlebury at 1428 Route 7 South. For more information, call 802-388-4488.
- Buy Again Alley – Church Youth Account is #506: Donate clothing, accessories and shoes appropriate for teens and young adults. Also other small houseware items and artwork. Located at 60 Main Street in Middlebury. For more information call (802) 989-8934.
- Donate to the HOPE Food Shelf: Donate non-perishable items to the Food Shelf at any Sunday service. Volunteers will bring the donations to HOPE’s Food Shelf. Financial donations to the Food Shelf may be placed in the offering plate. Make checks payable to “The Congregational Church” and write “Food Shelf” in the memo line.
From the Church Office…
Church Office hours are Monday-Friday 9AM-12 PM.
How to get in touch…
- Our mailing address is:
- The Congregational Church of Middlebury, UCC
30 North Pleasant Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
- Our church’s main number is: 802-388–7634
- Press 10 to reach our Church Office Administrator Judy Albright.
- Press 15 for Sr. Pastor Andy Nagy-Benson
For after-office-hours emergencies, call 802-545–2535.
Andy’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press 11 for Associate Pastor Elizabeth Gleich
For after-office-hours emergencies, call 651-319-1371
Elizabeth’s email: email@example.com
- Press 12 for Jennifer Smith, Director of Children and Youth Ministries.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (cell 802-233-1110)
- Press 18 for Jessica Allen, Director of Music.
Email email@example.com (cell 802-989-3945)
- Press 13 for Brian Slavin, Building Manager.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org (cell 802-989-5792)
- Press 14 for the Church Kitchen.
- Other contacts:
- James Davis, Theologian in Residence:
email email@example.com (802-443-3221)
- Organist Jeff Buettner:
email firstname.lastname@example.org (cell 802-349-9209)
- Treasurer Cathy Chase or Financial Secretary Irene Zaccor:
- Need to schedule space in the Church for a meeting or program? Contact the Church Office at 802-388–7634 first to make sure the space is available.
If you know of someone who is ill, having surgery, has a new baby, or just needs a friendly visit, please contact the Church Office. We would rather hear about things twice than not at all.