Who we are
The Lay Visitation Ministry is a group of trained volunteers. On behalf of the congregation, we provide compassionate presence and support by visiting members who are unable to attend church and/or who have challenging life situations. We recognize the rich backgrounds and gifts of those we visit, and we look upon our lay ministry as a shared journey.
- Attend training session (either May 3 or May 6 – see below).
- Commit to visit at least 1x/month.
- Keep brief record of each visit (guidelines to be provided).
- Attend quarterly gathering of Lay Visitors (times of sharing and ongoing training).
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Barring unusual circumstances, commit to Lay Visitation Ministry (LVM) for one year.
- Complete satisfactory background check in compliance with Safe Church Policy (at no expense to volunteer).
We plan to recruit and train church member volunteers who will be matched with someone from the church as their person to visit. Are you interested – or maybe interested – in volunteering with the Lay Visitation Ministry? Questions? To find out more or sign up for training, please contact Bonnie Stevens in person, or by phone or email.
You need only attend one training session. Training will be held in Fellowship Hall on:
Wednesday, May 3, from 7-9 PM or Saturday, May 6, from 9-11AM.
Sign-up deadline for training is April 26.